OBJECTIVES OF THE UNIVERSITY:
1. To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit.
2. To make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, science and technology in its educational programmes.
3. To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research.
4. To educate and train manpower for the development of the country.
5. To establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology.
6. To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.